Thursday, November 20, 2014

The new Haas still 'Haas it'

Welcome

I popped in at the new Haas last week after a lovely promenade walk! They've moved from the Bo-Kaap area to 19 Buitekant street which is a few buildings down from Truth .

I really prefer the new spot. It's larger, so more customers can share in the goodness of Haas, and I love the décor more. They still have their usual bric and brac everywhere but the earthy tones they used overall really adds a stylish feel to the place.
You can read  about my first visit to Haas here when they still were located at their old spot.

The counter with all the yummy treats

 As we entered Haas their array of sweet treats at the bar counter looked delicious. We rather opted to enjoy a late brunch but next time sweet treats WILL be ordered.

Stylish new space

I was joined but my friend Kerry who is also big lover of French toast so naturally we both ordered that. Both of us had some requests around our order and Haas delivered. The French toast is made from baguette style bread and they serve it nice and crisp. For R48 this really was a delicious sweet breakfast. They add some strawberries for garnish, but I would love them to add some more to the dish, as it helps to neutralise some of the sweetness.

Yummy!

Their coffee is awesome and I am sorry to say(or not) that I prefer theirs to neighbour Truth.
Kerry specifically commented on their coffee to milk ratio that she loved which some coffeehouses really get wrong at times. Haas was spot on! They also don't roll their eyes if you add sugar to your coffee.

Where the coffee magic happens!


If you visit them during lunch time you can feast on sandwiches, salads and curries. A bit of the Bo-Kaap lingers at Haas as their bunny chows are still on the menu! They also have lunch specials that changes daily.

One of my favourite décor pieces was this basin!

Service was friendly and efficient! Our waitress Phumza was a sweetheart!

The new Haas really makes me more excited than the old one! I will be back ASAP!

Open Monday-Friday 07:00-17:00 and Saturday-Sunday 08:00-15:00
Contact them at 021 461 1812 or info@haascollective.com
Like them on Facebook
Tweet them @haascoffee or @haascollective
For more information visit their website


Current menu

No comments:

Post a Comment