Friday, May 9, 2014

Ou Meul Bakkery : New gem in Willowbridge

Blogging and the gym have not been on top of my to do list these last few weeks, so both got revived recently. I went to the gym and bumped into a friend. Her first words were : "Have you been to the new bakery in Willowbridge? You will love it! I became a local within a week!"


I am usually in the loop when new places appear, especially in the Northern Suburbs, as the choices are somewhat limited. I was immediately intrigued. (Give me anything but a large franchise).

I am busy with exams and it's usually when procrastination is a favourite past time, so I decided to be  productive and have brunch with my mother :)

The first branch of Ou Meul Bakkery opened in Riviersonderend. We always stop there and buy loads of delicious pies. Our fridge is currently stocked up with them. I love the bobotie flavour.

In April they opened another branch located next to the Col Cacchio in Willowbridge. I love what they did with the space. They mixed beautiful wood tables with metal chairs. Not a complete industrial feel, but borderline to it. A great aspect of the bakery is that they have a few long tables that will accommodate big groups who are looking for a business meeting spot or a cake and tea birthday party. My favourite aspect of the bakery however is the glass window in front of the kitchen. Here you can observe how they knead and bake al the delicious pastries and breads.

Look out spot towards Welgemoed

Long tables to accommodate many

My fave spot
The coffee is great and if you visit them from 07:00-09:30 a cup of joe is only R10. For breakfast I had a omelette stuffed with goats cheese, mushrooms and tomatoes and a side of toast. They were gracious with the fillings and it tasted delicious.
Yummy omelette

I am planning a return visit ASAP as I have spotted these yummy treats on their Facebook page:






 Mmm, now I will have to go to the gym more....

 The staff at the bakery were very welcoming with every client that entered the bakery. How refreshing that a new spot has opened in the Northern Suburb. I predict only success for them and they are 5 minutes away from me. New blogging spot sorted!

Visit them Monday-Saturday 07:00 - 18:00 & Sunday 08:00 - 17:00
Like them on Facebook
Visit their website (currently under construction)

 * The last four photos are from the Ou Meul Bakkery Facebook page and I take no credit for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment