Monday, June 30, 2014

Four & Twenty


I had one of my best breakfasts this year at Four & Twenty. This place has been recommended to me by friends  but it's situated in the Wynberg area I don't often travel to. Well now I will just have to travel that extra mile!

At Four & Twenty a lot of effort goes into each dish. My mind blowing breakfast is called the apple caramel flapjack bomb. It consists of apple cider flapjacks, tangy granny smith apple butter, calvados caramel, almond praline crumble , a dollop of mascarpone and a baby toffee apple.  All this for only R68. The balance between the sour apple butter and sweet calvados crumble served with the flapjacks were delicious. I now have a  problem. I won't be able to order anything else than this dish when I visit them again!

The flapjack bomb!

The boyfriend had the eggs belicious which consisted of two poached eggs, hollandaise, confit baby tomatoes served with ciabatta and a choice of bacon(R65) or salmon(R75). This was another hit!


If you visit them later in the afternoon you can feast on a calamari(R102), quince(R80) or waldorf(R87) salads. For a more hearty meal try the bangin burger(R89), fish cakes(R85) or duck pie(R89). Check out their website for delicious photos!

Eggs belicious!

It's a café and a pantry so if you don't have time to sit down you can come and stock up on baked goods or deli-items. They also have a great wine and craft beer selection.

It's a beautiful French inspired space with tiny details everywhere. Even your take away is wrapped with a beautiful ribbon and look at this cute cookie you receive with your coffee.

I love it when a business goes the extra mile !


My only criticism is that the service was a bit unorganised. Numerous waiters served us and we did not receive coffee refills ect as they "forgot". The place was jam packed so you could excuse them for that but I think if one waiter sticks to a certain table this issue will be resolved.

Anyway you must visit them for that apple caramel flapjack bomb! It really is mind blowing :)

Visit them at 23 Wolfe street, Chelsea Village, Wynberg
Contact them at 021 762 0975
Open Tuesday-Saturday  08:00-17:00 and Sunday 09:00-16:00
For more information visit their website
Tweet them @4and20cafe
Like them on Facebook

P.s They will be closed for their winter break July 1st-14th

No comments:

Post a Comment