Saturday, October 19, 2013

Isabella's


I am finally done with exams! Yay! I have a week holiday and then I am going to the Eastern Cape to do my elective in General surgery.

Now during my exams a friend introduced me to Isabella's and it soon became our post-exam stop-shop to unwind afterwards.

Isabella's opened in Durbanville in May. Its part of a franchise, that's very popular in Gauteng and there already are 9 shops with a new one opening soon in Pretoria.

They have a characteristic colour palette of white, pink and black. It's a very retro looking shop and a big emphasis is put on the small details. I especially loved that every time I visited my tea was served in a different pot such as  this beautifull Le Creuset pot below.


The staff and manager Maureen were also extremely friendly and very attentive every time I visited. Nothing seemed to be a hassle for them. Another awesome feature of the shop is the free Wi-Fi. I have a new iPhone and after being on a blackberry for so long I now know what "data" is! haha

 
They have a very extensive menu with numerous breakfast, sandwich, quiche, wraps, burgers ,boerie rolls and salad options. During lunch time there's also a harvest table where you can choose and weigh a plate of food.

I am especially looking forward to try their  double decadent french toast , which is their signature dish, consisting of bread drenched in whipped orange mascarpone served with bacon, maple syrup and berries.(R58)



During my first visit I enjoyed the biltong, fig, rocket, parmesan cheese and herbed mayo sandwich on home baked white bread(R46). Now beware their portion sizes are big. You truly get your money's worth when you dine with them so ladies I would recommend you go for the half portion sandwiches when you visit. I was not a fan of the home baked bread as it was sliced to thick for me but there was nothing wrong with how it tasted :)


My second visit I had the crumbed chicken breast, bacon , tomato, avocado, feta, rocket and herbed mayo on whole grain bread(R46) and once again they did not disappoint.

 
My friend enjoyed the smoked salmon, tomato, capers, avocado, rocket and herbed mayo on rye bread and was also very satisfied.

Now my favourite at Isabella's is their Turkish delight cupcakes but beware they are super sweet. I had to take away a cupcake after each visit and loved the individual cupcake packaging. Other cakes to try when you come for some cake and tea are their ferrero-rocher, lemon meringue, cookies and crème cheesecake, carrot cake, purple velvet, back velvet , nutella chocolate cake and many more.

Our frequent cupcake take-away stash...
Just some of the cakes on display
Turkish delight(R20), chocolate(R26) and red velvet(R26) cupcakes.
Look how cute the cupcake packaging is!
 
Oh and look at this awesome special the first Friday of every month...
 
 
Isabella's can also assist you if you are looking for a venue to host a high tea. Prices range from R75 - R120 per person depending on if you choose to include tea, gin&tonic or a glass of champagne for your guests.
 
They also have an extensive wine, bubbly and cocktail list and my next visit I want to plan strategically so that I can at least enjoy a cocktail.




Visit them Monday-Friday 07:00-17:00, Saturday 08:00-17:00 or Sunday 09:00-15:00
Located at Heritage Square, Vrede street, Durbanville
Contact them at 021 976 6037 or durbaville@isabellas.co.za
Follow them @CakeandFoodShop or like them on Facebook
For more information check out their website

Remember to not forget about Treat that is also in the Durbanville area :)


P.s I also saw a Slug and lettuce is opening or being revamped next to Isabella's!

No comments:

Post a Comment