Sunday, June 29, 2014

Not impressed #1

I usually only write about positive experiences and the negative ones I don't spent any of my time on  but my friends have lately told me to write about the places I have not enjoyed so much. So I will from now on dedicate a little time to the places that did not impress me. So here is #1

Poplars restaurant at D'Aria
Visited a Sunday morning for brunch. We were served dirty menus and cutlery. I ordered the eggs benedict. The portion size was minute, the hollandaise sauce watery and I needed a magnify glass to spot the portion of salmon. The boyfriend had the Poplars breakfast. Again the portion size was below standard and 'the local worse' was cooked to droeë wors.We wanted to try something different but after this experience I would rather go to a Wimpy or Mugg & Bean where the food may be predictable but at least you know exactly what you are going to receive. What we payed for and what we received were not justifiable.

Harbour House V&A
I love to go for drinks at their rooftop bar. Sitting there on a Friday afternoon watching the V&A Waterfront come to life as everyone prepare for the weekend. I made a booking to dine there a Friday evening. The food was expensive but delicious. I was prepared for that but it's clear that they only cater for tourists. The manager on two occasions came to tell us that we had to leave at a certain time. This spoilt our evening and we left way sooner than we would have. They either don't have respect for their South African clientele or they are running their restaurant like a 'wors masjien'. Turning over the tables one after the other. Their amount of wine per glass was also disappointing.

Nu
Social media was ablaze with this Seapoint health food café. The day before the Two Oceans I decided to carbo load there as I saw a good-looking protein flapjack on Instagram. The flapjack was so dry I could not swallow it. The boyfriend had the omelette which was also very small and tasted average. I then saw that other people on twitter also complained about the dry pancakes and shrinking portion sizes. Their smoothies are delicious but I think I will stick with Osumo and Kauai.

Looks nice but is very dry


Tiny portions





No comments:

Post a Comment