Saturday, November 24, 2012

I love my Laundry



Welcome to I love my laundry

Courtesy of  Cape Town Foodblog and I love my laundry myself and three friends recently enjoyed a stunning evening of wine tasting and fondue.


We were charismatically greeted by the lovely owner Clayton of I love my laundry. This is one of the first restaurants in South Africa where you can come for coffee,wine, dim sum and have your laundry done while you wait. The laundry usually is done within 3-4 hours and they do sms you when you have to come and fetch it. Clayton told us the idea came to him to open a place in Cape Town after he travelled in America and saw how they combine the boring task of laundry by coupling Laundromats with with gyms and restaurants.

The creatively decorated I love my laundry
 

Arts and crafts for all to enjoy



I love my Laundry is  famous for their Dim Sum. Be sure to visit them on Wednesday where some wine tasting and Dim Sum is made into a fabulous event. R40 for 8 pieces of dim sum and a glass of wine or coffee. The fondue however is traditionally hosted on Thursdays evenings. Be sure to book in advance!

Everyone that attends is seated at a long table so your neigbours soon becomes new friends. The fondue cost R125 pp. On the night we visited there were three pots filled with beef consommĂ©, a three cheese sauce ( which we abused) and a boozy dark chocolate sauce. With that loads of bowels and baskets are brought to the table filled with beef, different types of bread, potato, greenpepper ,mushrooms, fruit, marshmallows -  just to name a few. Empty bowels are generously refilled so the big task is to pace yourself. 
 
 
 

 


We tasted six wines which ranged from Sauvignon blanc, Chenin blank to a few red-wine blends. All the wines were brands that were not known to us which we really enjoyed. I love my laundry prides itself in delivering affordable quality wine.


The space that I love my laundry is in is very busy with crafts, bicycle, sweet treats and art that changes every week. They are currently the only location that stock the fold-up bicycle that has become a new trend worldwide.

For a warm, charismatic, entertaining and new experience please visit this fabulous establishment.

P.s Don't forget your laundry :)



Location: 53 Buitengracht street, Heritage square, Cape Town
Cellphone number: 083 602 0291
Website: http://ilovemylaundry.co.za/
Facebookpage: http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Love-My-Laundry/382208975132801
Twitter : @ilovemylaundry

No comments:

Post a Comment