Friday, November 16, 2012

Clarkes

 


Clarke's is situated in Bree street. They are known for their burgers and being a  hip 'watering hole' at night. The restaurant is modelled after an American diner.  I however visited them for breakfast and can now say that they are know for the burgers, being a hip bar AND they serve delicious breakfast - according to me :)


Choosing was difficult! I am known for my sweet tooth and the French toast with nutella, pecan nuts and apple (R55) kept winking at me but I chose the stuffed omelette in the end. The omelette is filled with spinach, zucchini, smoked aubergine, tomatoes, pan-fried mushrooms and goat's cheese( R55). Goat's cheese is my 'thing' at the moment. The omelette was cooked to perfection. Nice and crisp on the outside but moist and filled to the brim with the fillings on the inside. Its served with a toast and peashoots. This has been one of my favourite omelettes I have eaten to date. Restaurants really struggle to perfect an omelette and Clarke's gets an A+ from me. My boyfriend had the man breakfast consisting of toast, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon and sausage(R50). The quality of the food was great and freshness is ensured.





My only criticism is that I really did not enjoy their coffee. It was very bitter but lets contribute that to personal taste. My boyfriend had no concern with his "cup of joe".




The restaurant was filled with different personalities. Men in suits, women with dogs, a tattooed skater boy and some families. As some of the hipster joints sometimes makes you feel excessively judge as soon as you enter I can ensure you that Clarke's does not fall under that reign.

I will soon return to claim my French toast!

Address: 133 Bree street
When to visit: Mondays and Tuesday 07:00 - 18:00 & Wednesday to Fridays 07:00 - 02:00 and Saturdays 08:00 - 02:00
Website: www.clarkedining.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment