Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dear me - Loved by me

Located in the city center.

I had my first long weekend in ages and decided to utilise every second of it. I've read about Dear me a lot on other blogs and decided to start my Friday morning with a visit.

First impression: The restaurant hosts a mix of modern and country style decorating- Sculptured plastic chairs nestled against wooden tables. You feel relax and peaceful with a conversation always underway somewhere in the restaurant. 

You can see that Dear Me caters for a friendly lunch between friends, business meetings or someone who just wants to enjoy their morning coffee with the daily newspaper.
Big windows allowing the morning sun to stream through.

They sell some home-made products and have a take-away facility for those who cant visit for long.

The eclectic chairs paired with the wooden tables.

Food: I judge breakfast spots on the freshness of the breads they serve and their eggs benedict so for my first visit I already knew what I was going to order. Eat out magazine also listed Dear Me as one of the restaurants to go and eat eggs benedict (R72). An egg benedict usually is quite a heavy breakfast with the eggs and creamy hollandaise combination. I liked Dear me's dish because of the lightness of it. The portion was big, the bread and spinach was fresh, the egg yolk streamed out with the perfect consistency and the hollandaise was LIGHT! 

Oats infused with fruit, muffins and pastries as well as smoothies serves as alternatives for breakfast options or just pop in for a delicious brownie!

A small detail that i really appreciated was the material napkins that's a standard at Dear me. Its touches like these that makes or break a dining experience. Detail is EVERYTHING.


delicious! 

Drinks: Tea is served in loose tea leaves form and the coffee is hot and strong. You receive a gingersnap biscuit with each hot drink ordered.The smoothies enjoyed by my neighbours looked fruity and fresh. 
Again you see their contrasting decoration style with the rustic teapot against the crisp white cup.


Service: The service deserves a perfect 10. I took some admin along with me to sort out during my breakfast and the waiter was really accommodating by bringing me a jug of water without me asking and making sure I had enough work space. A smile was always present and a occasional chat that was never intrusive!

Positivie points
  • They have meal suggetsions that can be made wheat and dairy free, vegan style or be suitable for diabetics and those with Coeliac disease.
If you dont have time to sit order a take away at the deli.

Addres: 165 Longmarket street, Cape Town
Breakfast: 07:00 - 11:00
Lunch: 12:00 - 15:00
Dinner: Thursday by reservation only
Website: www.dearme.co.za
Email: info@dearme.co.za
Telephone number: 021 422 4920
Look out for the green Dear me sign.
Hope this Map helps you to this great location!

No comments:

Post a Comment