Friday, May 3, 2013

Nuri Sushi Factory

Everyone has been talking about the new sushi hot spot in Cape Town, Nuri Sushi Factory.

I was very intrigued as it received only praises. Surely that could not be true? So I payed them a visit myself  joined by a non-sushi enthusiast.

It's situated around the corner of the Eastern Food Bazaar. The space is minimally decorated and you order your food at the counter. At first I was puzzled thinking that I am just visiting another chain sushi take-away shop. We sat at the long counter in the middle of the restaurant, which I must say is a cool element.



I decided to try one of their speciality dishes called "The Nuri Stack". This was layers of salmon, tuna, wasabi mayo topped with peanut mayo and sprinkled with sesame oil and spring onion(R52). My friend said she will brave anything with cream cheese in it so we ordered her the "Hot Philadelphia roll" which consisted of spicy cream cheese, avo and cucumber California wrapped with smoked salmon.
The Hot Philidelphia

The Nuri stack


When the sushi arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The sushi was top quality and beautifully presented. My non-sushi friend was obsessed with the wasabi leave. What you pay and what you receive are in two different classes. You pay like a pauper but will eat like a king.

My Nuri Stack is a MUST TRY! It was delicious and I loved the peanut sauce! Their specialities are really adventurous and will bring another dimension to the enjoyment of sushi for you. How can I ever go back to the standard 8 piece california salmon roll?

 The non-sushi enthusiast was instantly converted :) and I only had to help her with once piece! Sorry non-sushi lovers you just lost a member!

To give you more of an idea of the prices here are some standard sushi dishes
  • Salmon California roll (8pieces) - R42
  • Prawn hand rolls - R35
  • Tuna sashimi - R38
  • Fashion sandwiches (2pieces) - R25
  • Salmon roses (4 pieces) - R40

They have numerous speciality dishes which I will let you go and try yourself! The platters start at R70 and go up to R139.

Nuri Sushi is unfortunately a dryship but I see this as a positive - more money for sushi. They do however have an excellent smoothie menu. The dessert type smoothies go for R20 and the fruit smoothies for R15.

We ended off our evening with some complimentary chocolate shakes from Nurisushi! The waiter just slid them under our noses while I was busy chatting with my friend! What a sneaky delight! Thank you once again! I cant remember the last time I had a shake and now I'm hooked!


You cannot call yourself a true sushi lover until you have indulged in some Nurisushi!

They also host sushi making classes so be on the look out on their social media pages for more information!

 Let me know what your favourite Nuri Sushi meal was! I planning my next visit as I'm typing this :)

Visit them at 8 Parliament street, Cape Town
Open Monday to Saturday 12:00 - 21:00
Like them on Facebook or follow them on twitter @Nurisushi

2 comments:

  1. Nuri serves the best Sushi That you can get in Cape Town.A must is the Salmon Skin Classic Roll R38 8Pcs Agree Nuri Stack is a win but the best is Rainbow Reloaded

    ReplyDelete